At Greater Nevada Credit Union, we believe in doing the right things for the right reasons. Community is at the core of Greater Nevada's values, which is why we are dedicated to community involvement. This includes donations, sponsorships, fund raising, and employee volunteerism.
We're proud to say that through our Community Service Program, 100% of our employees volunteer with non-profit and charitable organizations throughout northern Nevada. Along with volunteering, Greater Nevada employees serve our community by teaching financial literacy classes at local schools and community organizations. Greater Nevada strives to be a driving force of this community, by inspiring everyone to "Live Greater".
As part of this commitment to our community, Greater Nevada has created strategic partnerships with local organizations Special Olympics of Nevada, Pride of the Sierra University of Nevada Marching Band, and Truckee Meadows Habitat for Humanity.
Greater Nevada College Scholarships
Greater Nevada is committed to helping our members achieve their goals. As a part of this endeavor, 15 $1,000 scholarships are awarded each year to students within our membership.
- Fifteen $1,000 scholarships will be available to applicants who are a Greater Nevada member, or the child, spouse, or parent of a Greater Nevada member.
- Selection criteria will be based primarily on the financial need of the applicant. Additional criteria will include: Academic performance, school and community involvement, and written recommendations from school and community leaders.
- Applicants are not limited to attending Nevada schools.
- Successful applicants will be limited to receiving only one scholarship, and recipients will not be eligible for this program in subsequent years.
- Scholarship recipients must attend school as a full-time student during the 2014/2015 school year.
- Scholarship funds will be paid in two $500 installments (Fall & Spring), directly to the school of the recipient's choice.
- Scholarship monies may be used for tuition, course registration, special class or laboratory fees, room and board, textbooks, and class materials.