News and Alerts
eBranch Access Made fast and Easy
We know that your time is valuable and you want to view account history, check your balances, conduct transactions or pay bills on the go. That's why we want you to know about the quickest ways to get your banking done, whether at home or elsewhere:
- Bookmark the eBranch URL. Simply go to https://www.netit.financial-net.com/gncu/cgi-bin/ebs, which will bypass the "eBranch" button on GNCU's website. Add this to your Internet browser favorites menu for one-click login access. This shortcut is also helpful in the event of unexpected downtime on the gncu.org website.
- Download our new Mobile Banking app. It's easy and gives you real-time access to all your accounts from your smart phone or tablet. Just log into eBranch at https://www.netit.financial-net.com/gncu/cgi-bin/ebs, click the Self Service tab, then choose Mobile Money from the Additional Services menu.
You can always give us a call at (800) 421-6674 or stop by your nearest branch when you want that personal service that the technology just can't provide.
Online banking is great...if you happen to be at a computer. That's not always the case, but that's no longer a problem. With mobile banking from Greater Nevada, you can download our eBranch online application and access eBranch from any cell phone, PDA, or other mobile device. And just like online banking, it's completely free.
Getting set up for mobile banking is simple. Simply visit www.gncu.org/index.html from your mobile device and click the eBranch link.
Visit our Mobile Banking page for more information
Protect Yourself From Identity Theft and Other Scams
Credit Card Skimming Devices Found at South Lake Tahoe Gas Station
Credit Card skimming devices - machines that allow criminals to capture consumers' debit card information, including PIN number - were discovered at the Safeway gas station in South Lake Tahoe according to a recent news report.
Skimming devices are a form of fraud that is difficult to detect and defend against. Although the skimming devices have all been removed from the South Lake Tahoe gas station, identity theft is always a danger and we want to remind you to remain alert at all times, keeping your financial information safe and secure.
Tips for Preventing Identity Theft:
- Always review your monthly bank statements carefully (this is especially encouraged for our local members who may have purchased gas at the South Lake Tahoe Safeway in the last month)
- Never give personal financial information to anyone unless you are certain you know who they are. Remember that Greater Nevada will never ask for your personal financial information by email.
- Report any suspicious emails, phone calls or text messages immediately by calling (775) 882-2060.
- Shred receipts, credit card offers, insurance forms, checks, or any other documents containing personal information when you don't need them anymore.
- Lock your financial documents and records in a safe place at home.
- Don't have new check orders mailed to your home.
For more information about keeping your identity safe and secure, visit:
Greater Rewards Program Set to Expire
Greater Rewards, Greater Nevada Credit Union's debit card-based points program, will be discontinued on January 31, 2013.
However, you still have plenty of time to use Greater Rewards before it goes away. You can continue to accumulate reward points through January 31, 2013, and you'll have until March 31, 2013 to redeem them for a variety of merchandise, travel vouchers and gift cards.
In fact, with the holidays upon us, this is the perfect time to use the points you've accumulated. Log in to your account to review your point balance and redemption options.
Even though Greater Rewards is going away, there are other ways to continue earning debit card-based rewards through Greater Nevada's Aspire account and Rock account.
We recently completed an upgrade of all our branch ATMs that include exciting new functionality and ease of use.
Most locations now feature deposit automation. That means no deposit envelopes and cash deposits credited to your account immediately.
Call (775) 882-2060 or (800) 421-6674 or visit one of our branches if you have any questions.
GNCU Holds 63rd Annual Meeting
The 64th Annual meeting for Greater Nevada Credit Union was held Tuesday, March 19th, 2013, in the lobby of the Eagle Station Branch. The main order of business was the announcement of the election results for three seats on the Board of Directors.
The Board officers for the coming year are:
- Chair, Bill Arensdorf
- Vice-Chair, Paul Richey
- Treasurer, Alex Talmant
- Secretary, Rob Joiner
Barbara Byington, Vernon Dalton, and William Prowse are the Directors who make up the remainder of the seven-member Board.
The Annual Meeting also featured recognition of 162 members who reached the milestone of 35 years with the credit union. 12 were present and recognized at the meeting.
View the 2012 Annual Report here.
Protect Your Financial Information
Phishing and identity theft attempts are on the rise and take many different forms. Recently, we became aware of a new computer virus that could effect online banking users. There have been no local reports of members being effected by this virus.
Remember to always keep your antivirus software up to date, practice safe Internet surfing to keep your home computer clean and virus-free. If you have any questions or concerns about your account, please call (775)882-2060 or (800)421-6674.