How to Switch to Greater Nevada Credit Union
Moving your checking account is simpler than you might think. If you're ready for a more rewarding checking experience, just follow these few steps to make the transition from your current financial institution to Greater Nevada as easy as 1-2-3!
1. Open your Greater Nevada account.
2. Begin Redirecting your deposits and withdrawals.
· Be sure to leave your old account open and enough funds in it to cover any upcoming bills that are paid from your bank account automatically.
· Have your direct deposits directed to your new Greater Nevada account. Greater Nevada's Routing Number is 321280143 Direct Deposits can include:
- Employer payroll
- Social Security, retirement or pension payments
- Government assistance payments
- Investment income
· Set up your automatic payments from your new Greater Nevada account, and be sure you have enough money in the account to cover any upcoming withdrawals. Automatic withdrawals could include:
- Mortgage payments
- Utility bills
- Loans, such as automobile, home equity, or personal
- Cell phone, cable, and Internet service providers
- Credit cards
- Memberships, such as health clubs
- Insurance, including auto, home and life
- Online payment services, such as PayPal
3. Close your old account.
· Once you're certain that everything has successfully transferred over to your new Greater Nevada account:
· Confirm that all outstanding checks have cleared (and don't write any new checks on the old account).
· Officially close your old bank account so you don't incur any charges for inactivity or low balances. You'll also want to cash out any existing funds in it and destroy your old checkbook.
Remember, the Greater Nevada member service team is always here if you have any questions or need our assistance.