Greater Nevada Credit Union has expanded its annual scholarship program, which began in 2000, to help even more people pursue their undergraduate, technical or trade school education goals. This year GNCU will award $2,000 scholarships each to 30 qualifying individuals for the 2019-2020 academic year by offering two different categories.
Completed applications needed to be postmarked by March 29, 2019, submitted electronically or hand delivered to a Greater Nevada branch office no later than 5:30 p.m. March 29, 2019.
- Twenty five $2,000 scholarships will be available to applicants who are a Greater Nevada member, or the child, spouse, or parent of a Greater Nevada member. The applicant must be age 24 or younger at the time of application.
- Five $2,000 scholarships will be available for members only who are age 25 or older at the time of application.
- Selection criteria will be based primarily on the financial need of the applicant. Additional criteria will include academic performance, school and community involvement, and written recommendations from school and community leaders.
- Applicants are not limited to attending Nevada schools.
- Successful applicants will be limited to receiving only one scholarship, and recipients will not be eligible for this program in subsequent years.
- Scholarship recipients must attend school as a full-time student during the 2019/2020 school year.
- Scholarship funds will be paid in two $1,000 installments (Fall & Spring), directly to the school of the recipient's choice.
- Scholarship monies may be used for tuition, course registration, special class, laboratory fees, room and board, textbooks, and class materials.
Thank you to all who submitted a scholarship application. Winners will be contacted directly over the next couple of months.