Run for a Position on Greater Nevada's Board of Directors
Are you interested in serving your fellow Greater Nevada Credit Union members? We have two positions available on the Board of Directors for three-year terms beginning in March, 2020.
The Board of Directors sets the strategic course for the credit union and oversees its general activities. Directors serve as volunteers. They receive no compensation, though we invest in their training and involvement in the credit union industry.
The board consists of seven directors. Two director terms are expiring this year. Members in good standing may apply to be considered as a board candidate and appear on a ballot along with the two incumbent directors. To be considered for nomination as a director, a Greater Nevada member must:
- Be the primary member on a Greater Nevada Credit Union Share Savings Account
- Possess knowledge, experience and interest pertinent to the credit union's future
- Be honest, of high integrity and willing to act solely for the interests and benefit of the credit union and its membership
- Be able to devote the time necessary to attend monthly meetings and other functions, including some overnight out-of-town travel
- Maintain a solid personal financial history, which includes consistently keeping any credit union accounts and loans in good standing
The Nominating Committee evaluates all submitted applications and prepares a slate of candidates. The candidates participate in a general election by the membership, which will be held from January to March, 2020.
If you would like to become a candidate, please download an application form by clicking below, call (775) 886-1304, or write to the following address to request one:
Nominating Committee, Greater Nevada Credit Union
P.O. Box 2128, Carson City, NV 89702
Click here to download an application.
Completed applications must be received by GNCU no later than September 30, 2019.