Message from the President
From the President
Enhanced Member Value = Living Greater
Just like many organizations, for many years Greater Nevada Credit Union had a mission statement and a vision statement. Over time we realized those statements were simply wordy business clichés that neither resonated with our employees nor provided meaningful direction on how to serve our members and communities. That recognition led to a pretty monumental decision that I’d like to share with you.
About three years ago our team at Greater Nevada decided to move on from the old mission and vision statements and take a fresh approach to focus on what we have been truly passionate about over the decades. That renewed direction quickly led to the development of our Passion Statement “To Help More People Live Greater.” And that shift in thinking also led to an energetic discussion about increasing the value members receive from GNCU.
We knew through ongoing data analysis that our loan rates are excellent, our fees are among the lowest around, and our deposit rates are some of the best available. However, we felt we could still do more and challenged ourselves to do just that: find additional ways to Enhance Member Value. This resulted in some new and unique initiatives, along with the expansion of some other existing programs. And the GREATER news is that we’ve seen members enjoying the benefits of these enhancements, which include:
- Exceptional members-only certificate and loan rates in January 2018 to celebrate GNCU’s anniversary and growing beyond 64,000 members last year.
- The launch of a free, interactive online financial education resource center to provide members with self-guided modules that address a variety of topics ranging from estate planning and credit scores to establishing budgets, borrowing money, and avoiding identity theft.
- Expansion of the GNCU scholarship program that now includes 30 GNCU members each receiving $2,000 to further their educational pursuits.
- Partnering with the driver education program at Western Nevada College so that GNCU members who successfully complete the course can receive funds into their GNCU account to help cover the cost.
- GNCU members-only discounts to athletic events at Greater Nevada Field, home of the Reno Aces baseball team and Reno 1868 FC soccer club. Plus GNCU members have won trips to: a Reno Aces road trip to Nashville, Tennessee, and a trip to Major League Baseball’s spring training in Scottsdale, Arizona.
As we continue pursuing Our Passion, you can expect even GREATER things to come from your credit union… for both members and our communities. So stay in touch with what we’re doing so you don’t miss out. Be sure we have your email address, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and visit GNCU.org regularly to get the latest news and be among the “More People” we help “Live Greater!”
Wishing you all the best,