Greater Nevada Scholarships: $40,000 Total this Year!
Greater Nevada is committed to helping our members achieve their goals. As a part of this endeavor, this year we are awarding twenty $2,000 scholarships to students within our membership.
Get started with the application and apply now!
- Twenty $2,000 scholarships will be available to applicants who are a Greater Nevada member, or the child, spouse, or parent of a Greater Nevada member.
- Selection criteria will be based primarily on the financial need of the applicant. Additional criteria will include: Academic performance, school and community involvement, and written recommendations from school and community leaders.
- Applicants are not limited to attending Nevada schools.
- Successful applicants will be limited to receiving only one scholarship, and recipients will not be eligible for this program in subsequent years.
- Scholarship recipients must attend school as a full-time student during the 2017/2018 school year.
- Scholarship funds will be paid in two $1,000 installments (Fall & Spring), directly to the school of the recipient's choice.
- Scholarship monies may be used for tuition, course registration, special class or laboratory fees, room and board, textbooks, and class materials.
All required information must be contained in one package, and mailed to:
Greater Nevada Credit Union
Attn: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 2128
Carson City, Nevada 89702
Or, hand delivered in one package to a Greater Nevada Branch
office before the deadline.
Completed applications must be postmarked by March 31, 2017, or hand delivered to a Greater Nevada branch office no later than 5:00 p.m. March 31, 2017.