Mobile Menu

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I change the PIN on my debit card?

Members can activate and change the PIN on their consumer debit card by calling (866) 446-6805. Business members can activate and change the PIN on their cards by calling (877) 203-5813. Both systems will prompt the member to enter information in order to verify identity. There is no cost to choose a PIN and you can access this system from the convenience of your home.

How much cash can I withdraw using my ATM Debit Card?

The standard daily cash withdrawal limit is ($510.00) per day for Greater Nevada Debit Cards; the additional $10.00 is to account for ATM fees that may apply. Funds availability may be limited by factors such as your current available balance or a predetermined authorized daily limit established at your request. 

Which ATM's are free to use?

Greater Nevada members can access 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide through the CO-OP Network.  Members who meet their monthly qualifications on their Aspire or Rock accounts can also receive ATM fee rebates.

Is there a fee to use my debit card for purchases?

No, there is no fee to use your debit card for purchases, unless the merchant chooses to charge a fee - Arco for example, charges a transaction fee for using a card instead of cash.  

What is the difference between a Greater Nevada Credit Card and a Debit Card?

While you're at the checkout counter, there is no difference. The only difference is how the money is settled from your account. Debit Card purchases are deducted from your checking account, just like a check, by accessing the available funds in your account. Credit card purchases are billed at the end of a cycle and are subject to interest charges if the balance is not paid in full. Although your Greater Nevada Debit Card can act like a credit card, the funds will be automatically withdrawn from your checking account when you use it to make a purchase.

How long does it take to receive my Visa Debit Card?

Approximately five to seven business days after we receive your application.

Can I order an additional Visa Debit Card for my spouse?

Yes, as long as he/she is a joint owner on your account.

What do I do if my Visa Debit Card or MasterCard Credit Card is lost or stolen?

Report a lost or stolen Greater Nevada Visa® debit card by calling (800) 754-4128, 24 hours a day. If your Visa Debit card is suspended, your transactions are denied, or you have been contacted by Card Member Security, call toll-free at (800) 421-6674. 

Report a lost or stolen Greater Nevada Mastercard® credit card by calling 800-558-3424 to speak with our partners at Elan Financial Services. 

What does it mean when I use my debit card and the clerk asks "Debit or Credit"?

There are two types of debit card transactions: debit (PIN) and credit (signature). When paying for a purchase, the clerk will ask "debit or credit?" When you reply "debit" to the clerk, it becomes a PIN transaction. You are required to enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN) after the card has been swiped. With PIN transactions, funds are withdrawn from your account immediately at the time of the transaction. When you reply "credit" to the clerk, it becomes a signature transaction. Signature transactions do not require a PIN but you do need to sign a slip to accept the transaction. With signature transactions, funds are authorized and held in your checking account at the time of purchase until the transactions posts to your account within 1 – 3 days.

How much am I protected on my cards?

Visa Debit Cards offer zero liability fraud protection for unauthorized charges as well as dispute resolution options. For unauthorized use of your debit card, you will not be responsible for more than $50 if reported within two business days of the loss. However, if you fail to report the loss within two business days, the loss could be up to $500. If you fail to report an unauthorized transfer within 60 days of receiving your statement, you could be responsible for the total loss. For more information please click here to go to our Fraud Alerts and Identity Theft Protection page.

What happens if an unauthorized debit/charge appears on my account?

Contact Greater Nevada immediately or stop by any branch.

Does Overdraft Privilege work with purchases I make with my debit card?

Yes, if the funds are not available in your checking account at the time of the purchase but you have opted in to Overdraft Privilege, the transaction will be processed. (Fees may apply)

May I use my GNCU debit card in other countries? 

Members are able to use their GNCU debit cards in foreign countries; however there is an International Service Assessment on all transactions as outlined in our TISA on page 8 and 9.

What happens if I forget my ATM PIN (Personal Identification Number)? 

Bring your ATM or Debit Card to any branch or call the Member Resource Center during normal business hours. A representative will verify your identity and issue you a new PIN, which will be mailed to your primary address. (Members can also select a new PIN by calling our authorization line and providing some personal identification information.