Mobile Menu

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I change my name on my account?

Visit your local branch with an updated drivers license or government ID as well as supporting documentation such as a marriage certificate or divorce decree. You can also mail in a request with valid documentation listed above. Signature cards will be sent requiring a notary public to verify signature.

How do I change my address? 

You can change your address either through the online banking portal, eBranch, by visiting your local branch, or mail in a letter with your address change to P.O. Box 2128, Carson City, NV 89702. You may also call (775) 882-2060 or fax (775) 884-7050.

What is an ACH transaction?

The ACH (Automated Clearing House) network is a nationwide electronic funds transfer system for participating depository financial institutions. The ACH network is commonly used for direct deposit of payroll and government benefits such as Social Security, direct payment of consumer bills, business-to-business payments, federal tax payments, and e-commerce payments.

What is Regulation D?

Regulation D is a federal regulation that limits the number of electronic transfers or checks from money market and savings accounts. Under Regulation D, a maximum of six transfers per month from a savings or a money market are allowed. These transactions include phone requests, Overdraft, Online Banking, email requests and faxed requests. There are no limitations on ATM, in-branch or shared-branch transactions. Please Note: This is a regulation mandated by the federal government. This is not a Credit Union policy.

How can I make deposits to my account?

You can make deposits at any Greater Nevada branch or ATM, through our mobile banking app, by mail, or through payroll deduction or Direct Deposit.

When is a deposit available for withdrawal?

Our general practice is to make deposits made in person at a branch, or electronically via ACH or direct deposit, available to you immediately. In certain circumstances, we may delay availability of those deposits. If we do so, we’ll notify you on the day you make your deposit. For deposits made through an ATM or via the mobile banking app, funds are not typically available for 2 business days after the date of your deposit. Deposits made at an ATM after 8pm will be considered as having been made on the following business day.

How do I dispute a transaction made with my Greater Nevada Visa Debit Card?

You can dispute a transaction on your Greater Nevada ATM or Visa debit card by coming in to your local branch and speaking with a Member Service Representative, by contacting us via telephone at (775) 882-2060 or (800) 421-6674 or by downloading the appropriate forms by clicking here.

How do I dispute a transaction made with my Greater Nevada MasterCard Credit Card?

If you have lost your card, suspect it was stolen or need to dispute a fraudulent transaction, call the Fraud Center at (866) 518-0213. If you simply have a question regarding your account or are having difficulty checking your account, then call our credit card partner Elan Financial Services at 800-558-3424 .

How can I withdraw money?

You can make cash withdrawals in person at any Greater Nevada branch, CO-OP Network Shared Branch, or ATM. If you have Greater Nevada Visa debit card, you can also request cash back when you use your debit card at many retail locations.

What is the difference between my balance and available balance? 

Your balance represents the amount of money that is in your account. Your available balance represents how much money is currently available to you. Your available balance may be affected by deposit holds or loan pledges as well as debit card purchases, refunds or deposits that are pending but have not yet posted and cleared your account.

What are the minimum balance requirements for Savings and Checking Accounts?

All members maintain a $5 share at Greater Nevada. This stays in your savings throughout the life of your account. No minimum balances are required for Aspire, Rock, and Connect checking accounts. A minimum balance is required for money market accounts.

Do I have to come in to a branch or speak with a member service representative to make an account transfer? 

No. You can conveniently transfer funds through eBranch online banking, mobile banking, and the phone activated teller (P.A.T.)

How do I sign up for Direct Deposit? 

Please talk to your employer, who will have the necessary paperwork to set up direct deposit. Your employer will need Greater Nevada Credit Union's routing number:  321280143, and your account number.

Can I request part of my direct deposit to be distributed to other Greater Nevada accounts?

Yes, you can request direct deposit funds to be distributed to an unlimited number of Greater Nevada accounts on which you are a joint owner or co-borrower. Simply indicate this on the direct deposit form.

How do I add/remove joint owners from my account? 

A new signature card will need to be signed. Depending on the agreement at the time the account was opened, all persons concerned may need to come to the credit union and sign the appropriate documentation. This may be done by mail if need be. New account owners will need to bring photo identification. 

The joint owner can send a note instructing us to remove their name (signature notarized) or we can close your existing account by opening a new account and transferring funds.

How do I add/remove an account beneficiary? 

A new signature card will need to be signed. Please visit one of our locations or we can mail a new card to you.

I have a Power of Attorney for a member. How do I handle transactions for the member?  

Please bring in a copy of the POA to one of our branches or mail to P.O. Box 2128, Carson City, NV 89702. We may or may not accept a POA, at our own discretion, and may wish to contact the issuer before conducting any transactions.

Are my funds federally insured?

Yes. Your deposits are insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) and are backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government. For specific information about deposit insurance and ways to maximize your coverage, please visit the NCUA's website.