VISA Purchase Alerts is a free consumer opt in service that allows members to receive text messages or email alerts any time a qualified VISA transaction* takes place on their VISA debit card.
How it Works
To receive VISA Purchase Alerts, cardholders can sign up through VISA.com, using the VISA Purchase Alerts Login
. Once enrolled, cardholders can establish specific alert triggers.
Anytime a qualified VISA transaction takes place that meets the cardholder's defined parameters, he or she receives an alert in seconds via email and/or SMS text message.
Triggers can include:
- Individual transaction amount thresholds
- International transactions
- Card-absent transactions, such as telephone or online orders
Through VISA Purchase Alerts, cardholders have the ability to:
- Closely monitor their VISA credit, debit or prepaid accounts
- Check for unusual transaction activity and/or track spending levels immediately
- Take action at the first sign of potential fraud
*A qualified transaction is any transaction routed through VisaNet, including Interlink and Plus.
For questions or concerns, please contact Visa directly at VisaPurchaseAlertsHelp@visa.com