Greater Nevada Credit Union is committed to helping teens and young adults in our communities learn financial responsibility. That is why we are proud to partner with the RMJ Foundation to bring the Bite of Reality simulation to schools across Nevada.
Bite of Reality
Helping Teens Learn Financial Responsibility
Bite of Reality is a hands-on experience that teaches teens about the basics of budgeting, saving, and investing. In the simulation, teens are given a fictional job, salary, and family. They then have to make real-world financial decisions, such as how much to spend on housing, transportation, food, and entertainment.
The Bite of Reality simulation is a valuable tool for teaching teens about the importance of financial responsibility. It is also a lot of fun! Teens who participate in the simulation say they learn a lot and come away with a better understanding of how to manage their money.
Benefits of Bite of Reality for teen participants:
- Teaches them about the basics of budgeting, saving, and investing.
- Helps them develop good financial habits.
- Gives them a better understanding of the challenges of living on a budget.
- Is a fun and engaging way for them to learn about financial responsibility.
How you can get involved:
- Contact us to learn more about bringing Bite of Reality to your local northern Nevada school.
- Donate to the RMJ Foundation to support the Bite of Reality program.
Together, we can help teens learn the financial skills they need to succeed in life.