- Account Terms and Fee Schedule
- Commercial/Business Accounts Terms
- Commercial/Business Accounts Fee Schedule
- Greater Nevada Digital Banking Agreement and Disclosure
- eStatement Agreement
- Bill Pay Terms of Service
- How Your Funds Are Insured
- Text Banking Terms and Conditions
- GNCU Cards App
- NCUA Share Insurance Estimator
- Third Party Website Disclosure
- Visa® Debit Card Disclosure
- Account Terms and Fee Schedule (For accounts opened prior to Mar. 15, 2019)
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time Greater Nevada Credit Union decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
This Policy applies to Greater Nevada Credit Union, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of gncu.org, you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website;
- Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
- How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Information We Collect
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. This website collects various types of information, such as:
- Voluntarily provided information which may include your name, address, email address, billing and/or credit card information etc. which may be used when you purchase products and/or services and to deliver the services you have requested.
- Information automatically collected when visiting our website, which may include cookies, third party tracking technologies and server logs.
In addition, Greater Nevada Credit Union may have the occasion to collect non-personal anonymous demographic information, such as age, gender, household income, political affiliation, race and religion, as well as the type of browser you are using, IP address, or type of operating system, which will assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service.
Greater Nevada Credit Union may also deem it necessary, from time to time, to follow websites that our users may frequent to gleam what types of services and products may be the most popular to customers or the general public.
Why We Collect Information and For How Long
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested;
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services and products;
- To send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like when we have your consent to do so;
- To contact you to fill out surveys or participate in other types of market research, when we have your consent to do so;
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
Use of Information Collected
Greater Nevada Credit Union does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
Greater Nevada Credit Union may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from gncu.org.
Greater Nevada Credit Union may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
Greater Nevada Credit Union uses various third-party social media features including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, and other interactive programs. These may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the privacy policies of the providers and are not within Greater Nevada Credit Union’s control.
Disclosure of Information
Greater Nevada Credit Union may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
- in other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
- as required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of Greater Nevada Credit Union.
Greater Nevada Credit Union greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in Greater Nevada Credit Union products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use our website, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice.
Children Under the Age of 13
Greater Nevada Credit Union’s website is not directed to, and does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our website, please submit an online inquiry through our contact form to let us know that you wish to unsubscribe. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. Greater Nevada Credit Union will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
Links to Other Websites
Notice to Nevada Residents
Nevada law allows users to “opt out” of the sale of particular personal information, called “covered information.” However, we do not sell covered information as defined by Nevada law, and we have no plans to change that practice.
Notice to European Users
Greater Nevada Credit Union’s operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) and sent to the United States. (The adequacy decision on the EU-US Privacy became operational on August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the EU whose personal data is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to companies that are certified in the US under the Privacy Shield.) By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described in this Policy.
Greater Nevada Credit Union takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (e.g. credit card information), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. This is all done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user’s personal information under our control.
The company also uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications to build users’ trust and confidence in the internet and website use by providing simple and secure access and communication of credit card and personal information.
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us
Email: Contact Us
Phone: (775) 882-2060 or (800) 421-6674
Greater Nevada Credit Union
P.O. Box 2128
Carson City, NV 89702
Políticas de Confidencialidad y Divulgación de Información de una Cuenta
En la parte de abajo, usted encontrará un archivo que contiene un documento acerca de las Políticas de Confidencialidad y Divulgación de Información de una cuenta de Greater Nevada. Si usted tiene alguna pregunta ó comentario acerca de estos documentos, por favor llame al (775) 882-2060 ó al (800) 421-6674 y un representante con gusto le ayudará.