About Our University Branch
GNCU's University branch is located conveniently at 1385 N. Virginia Street, Suite 105, inside a mixed-use student housing unit. Members can enjoy personal service from GNCU's staff, and several who are current or former University of Nevada, Reno students, and even meeting space. The branch also features 24/7 secure access to a vestibule with an Interactive Teller Machine (ITM), which operates as both an ATM, as well as a video teller for conducting transactions face-to-face during extended hours.
Benefits for Wolf Pack Students, Staff, and Alumni
Did you know that Wolf Pack students, faculty and staff have access to special offers and services through Greater Nevada? They include a new checking account bonus, new I Can Save account bonus, and much more. Click the button below to learn more!
Student Checking and Loan Options
- With our free Student Cash Back Checking account, there's no minimum balance requirement, no monthly service charge, and it's easy to qualify for $10 cash back each month.*
Apply for a Student Cash Back Checking Account Today!
- We also offer Student Loans. Whether you’re looking to obtain a new student loan, or consolidate an existing one into a lower payment, we make the process easy and manageable, giving you more to celebrate when you graduate. We also offer the Smart Option Student Loan by Sallie Mae, which gives students multiple in-school repayment options with a choice of competitive fixed and variable interest rates, plus no origination fees and no prepayment penalty.
Apply for a Student Loan
- Students who need to purchase their first car or a newer car can apply for our first-time buyer auto loan program, which enables qualifying students with no credit history to get a vehicle loan and build their credit without a co-borrower or guarantor.
- In addition, we award thousands of dollars in scholarships annually. Students can check back each February through March to download an application for the coming school year.
Free Student Financial Education
Students and members alike have free access to a series of interactive online modules covering hot financial topics like saving, borrowing money, building credit, budgeting, and identity protection. Click here to visit the dedicated UNR Financial Education Center.
Supporting the NevadaFIT Program
Beginning the journey for a college degree can be a daunting task. Moving out from childhood homes, meeting new people and taking on fresh responsibilities are a lot to handle for college freshmen. That's why we've partnered with the University of Nevada, Reno's NevadaFIT program to give incoming freshmen the foundations they need to be successful at the university.
NevadaFIT is a one-credit, academic program for first-year students designed to help ease the transition from high school to college. The NevadaFIT program brings more than 3,500 new students and about 500 student mentors to campus the week before the fall semester begins. NevadaFIT spans nine colleges and schools and more than 40 majors. Working in “Packs” of six to seven students led by an undergraduate mentor, students focus on academic readiness and skills to be successful college students, become acquainted with faculty, form study groups, live on campus and experience immersion into the campus community. This strategy has been proven to give students a sense of belonging and increases retention and graduation rates for all participants, including Pell-eligible, first-generation and minority students. Since its inception in 2013, NevadaFIT has helped increase the University’s average one-year retention rate by seven to ten percent.
“Beginning college is just one aspect of an individual’s learning journey,” said Wally Murray, president and CEO of Greater Nevada Credit Union. “We want to ensure that students from diverse backgrounds are best prepared to pursue their degrees and careers. We will also be supporting NevadaFIT’s efforts by providing financial literacy courses during the program. Greater Nevada wants all students to begin with a solid foundation, with opportunities to make the best decisions and accelerate their future success.”
"Expanded support from Nevada business leaders like Greater Nevada Credit Union helps make higher education more accessible and successful for all students," said university president Brian Sandoval. "We strive to educate and graduate the best-prepared and most confident leaders, and it all starts with our students’ experience in the NevadaFIT program.”
A Greater Partnership with the Wolf Pack Marching Band
Since 2012, Greater Nevada Credit Union (GNCU) has partnered with the University of Nevada Wolf Pack Marching Band to raise over $346,000 to help with the band’s needs for instruments, scholarships, travel and other expenses.
You can be a part of making this the greatest year yet! We're matching up to $15,000 in total contributions to the Band through their online fundraiser. These funds are used to support the Band as they work to keep athletes, students, and the community marching forward. If you're able, please consider a donation by clicking here or the button below.
Donate to the Band
Recent University of Nevada, Reno Partnerships
- NevadaFIT program (2021-22) - $150,000
- NV Money Mentors (2017-2021) - $30,000
- TedXUniversityofNevada (2018-2020) - $30,000
- UNR College of Business (2019-2021) - $35,000
- Wolf Pack Athletics/Wolfpack Sports (2012-2021) - $455,000
Since 2015, we have also supported these initiatives with monetary and other gifts:
- Pack Provisions
- New Student Initiatives
- First in the Pack
- University Libraries
- College of Education/Dean's Future Scholars
- University Staff Employee Council
Total commitment since 2012: Over $1,050,000
Greater Nevada team members have also donated more than 2,300 hours to support initiatives on campus and in the community.
*Student Cash Back Checking is available to students enrolled in school, ages 14–24. Students must be available to present a student ID or substitute evidence of enrollment. Up to $10 in cash back monthly based on 1% cash back on all signature and PIN based swipes on the ﬁrst $1,000 in point of sales transactions per month, the monthly qualiﬁcations are 6 debit card purchases must post and clear, and account statements must be delivered via eStatements. “Qualiﬁcation Cycle” means a period beginning one day prior to the ﬁrst of the month and ending one day prior to the last day of the month (ex. July 31–August 30 for August statement). Transactions may take one or more business days from the transaction date to post to an account from the date the transaction is made. Membership requirements apply. Available to personal accounts only.