New University Branch Now Open!
Banking Convenience for Nevada Students, Faculty, Staff & Community Members
In August 2018 Greater Nevada Credit Union opened the doors of its newest branch, located across campus from the University of Nevada, Reno at 1385 N. Virginia Street, Suite 105.
Click here for more information about the GNCU University branch hours and location.
Click here for more information about GNCU Interactive Teller Machines.
Located inside the new Towers at Pink Hill mixed-use student housing (a building by two former University of Nevada, Reno students for which GNCU provided the commercial loan funding), the branch is open Monday through Friday. Members can enjoy personal service from GNCU's staff, several who are current or former University of Nevada, Reno students, and even meeting space. The branch also features 24/7 secure access to a vestibule with an Interactive Teller Machine (ITM), which operates as both an ATM, as well as a video teller for conducting transactions face-to-face during extended hours.
A Greater Partnership with the Wolf Pack Marching Band
Since 2012, Greater Nevada Credit Union (GNCU) has partnered with the University of Nevada Wolf Pack Marching Band to raise funds to help with the band’s needs for instruments, scholarships, travel and other expenses. Over the past several years, GNCU’s fundraising has raised more than $195,000 and helped the band grow from 120 to 190 members.
Donations are accepted year-round at all Greater Nevada Credit Union branches
, at the credit union’s booth during Wolf Pack football and basketball home games, and online at www.unr.edu/band.
The Band also joins GNCU each year to raise awareness of Special Olympics Nevada through a Polar Plunge pancake eating contest
Student Financial Education
Greater Nevada Credit Union is now an official sponsor of the university's Money Mentors Program. The sponsorship will assist in providing more students with financial education through workshops, presentations and personal coaching on topics such as budgeting, debt management, salary negotiation and avoiding identity theft. Click here to read more about the partnership and the program.
Students and members alike also have free access to a series of interactive online modules covering hot financial topics like saving, borrowing money, building credit, budgeting, and identity protection through Greater Nevada’s Financial Education Center.
Greater Benefits for all Nevada Students
Student Checking and Loan Options
- With the Greater Nevada Student Rock checking* account, students can earn up to $10 in monthly rebates for purchases from iTunes, Amazon or Google Play every qualifying month, as well as up to $15 in monthly foreign ATM fee rebates. The account also comes with free online and mobile banking.
Apply for a Student Rock Checking Account Today!
- New from GNCU are our student loans! Whether you’re looking to obtain a new student loan** or consolidate an existing one into a lower payment, Greater Nevada Credit Union makes the process easy and more manageable, so that graduating from college is a cause for celebration.
Apply for a Student Loan
- GNCU also offers the Smart Option Student Loan by Sallie Mae which gives students multiple in-school repayment options with a choice of competitive fixed and variable interest rates, plus no origination fees and no prepayment penalty. Learn more here.
- Students who need a credit card with a low interest rate and no annual fee* can apply for GNCU's Mastercard® College Real Rewards Card. It's a good way to build credit and earn rewards at the same time.
- Students who need to purchase their first car or a newer car can apply for Greater Nevada's first time buyer program which enables qualifying students with no credit history to get a vehicle loan and build their credit without a co-borrower or guarantor. (Other credit qualifications apply, and all loans are subject to credit approval by Greater Nevada.)
- In addition, GNCU awards thousands of dollars in scholarships annually. Students can check GNCU's back each February through March to download an application for the coming school year.
Banking Convenience for Nevada Students
For those students who want to do their banking in person, GNCU has a branch located across the street from the University at 1385 North Virginia Street. Plus, there are three other branches near the University of Nevada, Reno campus.
GNCU also offers 24/7 banking by phone, online and mobile. On top of all that, student members have free access to more than 30,000 ATMs and shared credit union branches nationwide, plus a debit card that can be used anywhere Visa is accepted. Learn more about all of GNCU's convenience services
Ready to open your own GNCU account and start living Greater? Get started here.
*Up to $140 in iTunes® or Amazon.com®, or Google Play™ purchase reimbursements based on up to $10 in reimbursements each qualifying month and a onetime $20 sign-up bonus reimbursement. Monthly qualifications for Student Rock Checking are 6 debit card purchases must post and clear, one direct deposit received, and account statements delivered via eStatements. $20 bonus is additional reimbursement within first month account is open if qualifications are met. Other rewards received when monthly qualifications are met include ATM fee rebates and waiver of the $10 monthly service fee. "Qualification Cycle" means a period beginning one day prior to the first of the month and ending one day prior to the last day of the month (ex. July 31-August 30 for August statement). iTunes® , Amazon.com®, and Google Play™ are not affiliated with this account. Membership requirements apply. Available to personal accounts only.
**All loans are subject to credit approval by Greater Nevada Credit Union.