University of Nevada, Reno Partnership
A Greater Partnership with the Wolf Pack Marching Band
Since 2012, Greater Nevada Credit Union (GNCU) has partnered with the University of Nevada Wolf Pack Marching Band to raise funds to help with the band’s needs for instruments, scholarships, travel and other expenses. Over the past several years, GNCU’s fundraising has raised more than $195,000 and helped the band grow from120 to 190 members.
Donations are accepted year-round at all Greater Nevada Credit Union branches
, at the credit union’s booth during Wolf Pack football and basketball home games, and online at http://www.unr.edu/band.
The Band also joins GNCU each year to raise awareness of Special Olympics Nevada through a Polar Plunge pancake eating contest
Greater Benefits for all Nevada Students
Student Checking and Loan Options
- With the Greater Nevada Student Rock checking* account, students can earn up to $10 in monthly rebates for purchases from iTunes, Amazon or Google Play every qualifying month, as well as up to $15 in monthly foreign ATM fee rebates. The account also comes with free online and mobile banking.
- Students who need a credit card with a low interest rate and no annual fee* can apply for GNCU's Serenity MasterCard®. It's a good way to access emergency funds, build credit and avoid high interest rates at the same time.
- The Smart Option Student Loan by Sallie Mae gives students multiple in-school repayment options with a choice of competitive fixed and variable interest rates, plus no origination fees and no prepayment penalty. Learn more here.
- Students who need to purchase their first car or a newer car can apply for Greater Nevada's first time buyer program which enables qualifying students with no credit history to get a vehicle loan and build their credit without a co-borrower or guarantor. (Other credit qualifications apply, and all loans are subject to credit approval by Greater Nevada.)
- In addition, GNCU awards thousands of dollars in scholarships annually. Students can check GNCU's scholarship page each February through March to download an application for the coming school year.
Student Financial Education
Students and members alike have free access to a series of interactive online modules covering hot financial topics like saving, borrowing money, building credit, budgeting, and identity protection through Greater Nevada’s Financial Education Center
Banking Convenience for Nevada Students
For those students who want to do their banking in person, GNCU has three branches near the University of Nevada, Reno campus.
GNCU also offers 24/7 banking by phone, online and mobile. On top of all that, student members have free access to more than 30,000 ATMs and shared credit union branches nationwide, plus a debit card that can be used anywhere Visa is accepted. Learn more about all of GNCU's convenience services
Ready to open your own GNCU account and start living Greater? Get started here.
*Up to $140 in iTunes® or Amazon.com®, or Google Play™ purchase reimbursements based on up to $10 in reimbursements each qualifying month and a onetime $20 sign-up bonus reimbursement. Monthly qualifications are 15 debit card purchases must post and clear, one direct deposit received, and account statements delivered via eStatements. $20 bonus is additional reimbursement within first month account is open if qualifications are met. Other rewards received when monthly qualifications are met include ATM fee rebates and waiver of the $10 monthly service fee. "Qualification Cycle" means a period beginning one day prior to the first of the month and ending one day prior to the last day of the month (ex. July 31-August 30 for August statement). iTunes® , Amazon.com®, and Google Play™ are not affiliated with this account. Membership requirements apply. Available to personal accounts only.
**The ATIRAcredit™ Serenity Card is issued by TMG Financial Services, Inc. pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. ©2016, TMG Financial Services, Inc. ATIRA® is a registered service mark and ATIRAcredit™ is a service mark of The Members Group, LLC.