Greater Nevada Credit Union is committed to providing an accessible website and implementing the recommendations of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) as published by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). Though there is no single definitive test of conformance to Level AA of the WCAG, we have used a variety of methods for assessing our accessibility, not limited to but including physical tests using screen readers and keyboard only.
If you find a part of our website that you feel does not conform to Level AA of the WCAG or you are having difficulty getting the information you need from our site, please let us know via phone at 800-421-6674 or via our Contact Us page so that we can address your concern.
- Greater Nevada Credit Union strives to make every page accessible to users, though we cannot guarantee that every page conforms to WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
- Some pages have partial conformance due to the use of 3rd party vendors. For that reason Greater Nevada Credit Union does not claim full site-wide Conformance and instead a partial conformance, as defined by WCAG Level AA 2.0. Greater Nevada Credit Union also cannot ensure conformance of crucial third-party plug-ins and widgets.
- Greater Nevada Credit Union provides PDF documents that come from third parties, including the federal government. We cannot alter these documents to ensure their conformance. If you find difficulties in reviewing a PDF on our site, please contact us so that we may provide alternate means of access to the information in a timely manner.
- Our conformance claims only extend to pages within the Greater Nevada Credit Union URL domain.
- Greater Nevada Credit Union has used WCAG guidelines for conformance as suggested by the Department of Justice. Though some of the conformance found in WCAG conforms with 508 Compliance, we are not 508 Compliant.
- Greater Nevada Credit Union chose to use WCAG for conformance because they are determined by the W3C, the consortium that makes the guidelines for the Internet, worldwide.
- Greater Nevada Credit Union uses automated testing as a baseline for conformance but understands W3C's position that '(t)here is as yet no tool that can perform a completely automatic assessment on the checkpoints in the guidelines, and fully automatic testing may remain difficult or impossible'.