Greater Nevada Credit Union Announces 2022 Scholarship Recipients
Since its inception in 2000, GNCU’s scholarship program has helped over 375 students pursue their educational goals, awarding nearly $550,000 in total scholarships over the years.
“We’re thrilled to honor these high-achieving students, who have focused their efforts on their education and in serving their communities,” Wally Murray, GNCU’s President and CEO, said. “I speak for all of our members when I say we are thrilled to see them grow as individuals and support them as they further their dreams by helping make higher education a reality.”
For the 2022-23 academic year, GNCU’s Scholarship Committee selected 24 graduating high school seniors, as well as six college students from all over Nevada to receive a $2,000 scholarship to pursue their higher education goals.
Skye Hester, a GNCU scholarship winner, is a senior at Douglas High School in Minden, Nev. She plans to graduate from Western Nevada College with an associate degree in December 2022 and transfer to the University of Nevada, Reno to pursue a bachelor’s in elementary education. She hopes to become a teacher to “help the next generation of students.”
The Scholarship Program is part of the GNCU commitment to allow members to Live Greater. All GNCU members and their families are eligible to apply. Scholarship winners are selected based on financial need, academic performance, community involvement, and educational/professional goals. The scholarships can be used for tuition, course registration, special classes or laboratory fees, room and board, textbooks or class materials.
Below is the list of scholarship recipients for the 2022-23 academic year:
- Citlalli Ruvalcaba attending College of Idaho
- Cristian Burke attending Oregon State University
- Diana Pierrott attending University of Nevada, Reno
- Diana Quintero attending Western Nevada College
- Elizabeth Rivera attending Utah Valley University
- Elliana Purvance Luce attending Truckee Meadows Community College
- Esteban Bonilla Trujillo attending Great Basin College
- Fatima Ramirez-Hernandez attending University of Nevada, Reno
- Fawn Neaman attending Great Basin College
- Gazille Willis attending Western Nevada College
- Jesse Rogan attending Western Welding Academy
- Josias Caleb Heredia attending Western Nevada College
- Katie Lopez attending Great Basin College
- Kaylin Aytes attending University of Nevada, Reno
- Lillie Gordon attending University of Nevada, Reno
- Lizbeth Judith Perez Sanchez attending Truckee Meadows Community College
- Madisson Bader-Wygal attending Western Nevada College
- Mariana Luarca Chacon attending Dominican University of California
- Mia Willis attending Western Nevada College
- Mikha Grace Espiritu attending University of Nevada, Reno
- Naydalin Velasquez attending Great Basin College
- Skye Hester attending Western Nevada College
- Tyler Thompson
- Yasmin Sevilla Santoyo attending University of Nevada, Reno
- Zolet Miklich attending Brigham Young University
Congratulations to all of the 2022-23 academic year scholarship recipients! We wish you all luck on your journey to a Greater future.